Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor and satisfaction. In fact, there are plenty of nutritious and delicious snack options out there that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. One such snack is the Kale and Mushroom Egg Bites recipe that combines the goodness of kale and mushrooms with the protein-packed goodness of eggs.
These Kale and Mushroom Egg Bites recipes are perfect for anyone who wants a quick and easy snack that is packed with nutrition. They can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for several days. This makes them a convenient snack option for busy individuals who are constantly on the move.
Kale and Mushroom Egg Bites with Feta Cheese
- 6 Eggs
- ½ Cup Chopped Kale
- ½ Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- ¼ Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they are well beaten.
- Add the chopped kale and mushrooms to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup with the egg mixture until it is approximately 3/4 filled.
- Bake the egg bites in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until they are set and lightly golden brown.
- Use a spoon to gently remove the egg bites from the muffin tin.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- Use silicone muffin cups: For hassle-free removal of the egg bites and to prevent them from sticking to the muffin tin, it is suggested to use silicone muffin cups. These cups are non-stick, reusable, and dishwasher safe.
- Pre-cook the kale and mushrooms: To avoid ending up with watery egg bites, we recommend sautéing the kale and mushrooms before adding them to the egg mixture. This will also help enhance their flavors.
- Use a blender: To get a smooth and creamy egg mixture, we recommend blending the eggs, milk, and cheese in a blender until smooth. This will help ensure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add herbs and spices: To add extra flavor and nutrition to your egg bites, you can add herbs and spices such as garlic powder, paprika, or dried oregano.
- Let them cool before removing: After baking the egg bites, let them cool for a few minutes before removing them from the muffin cups. This will help prevent them from falling apart.
- Store them properly: To store the egg bites, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts:The nutrition facts for Kale and Mushroom Egg Bites recipes may vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe. However, we can provide you with a general idea of the nutritional value of these egg bites. Here is the approximate nutritional information for a serving size of two egg bites:
- Calories: 150-200
- Total fat: 8-12 grams
- Saturated fat: 3-5 grams
- Cholesterol: 180-200 mg
- Sodium: 200-250 mg
- Total carbohydrates: 3-5 grams
- Dietary fiber: 1-2 grams
- Sugars: 1-2 grams
- Protein: 15-20 grams